Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our First Day at Ground Zero

Well this day started off with a bang. I went out to check oil on generator. When I tried to get back in the latch on the door of the mobile headquarters was broken and I could not get in. Called lock smith he arrived 1 hr later and another 45 min to get it open. Can't get new parts until tomorrow so door is tied shut with string. Than started cooking and generator stopped working. Had to get 4 strong people to help get the 17,500 W generator out of the trailer. Than of course the battery was dead. Finally got it started and cooking again. Than what else could happen? I dropped my phone down the steps and broke the screen. We got the food cooked served around 50 meals, signed up people for other needs, gave out lots of info. and had a listening ear, hug and prayer for many people who lost there homes. All in all we had a good first day.

No comments: