Friday, July 6, 2012

Disaster Assistance - Ground Zero - Colorado Springs Fire

Terry & Joyce Cross arrived here on Saturday form Ohio to volunteer for a few days. They leave for home today. Thank you so much Terry & Joyce. Below is a post from Joyce's facebook page. A meet Rita today. What a story. She is 93 and had to evacuate her home. She was evacuated from 3 different places. Rita was aloud to return to her home a condo Tue 7/3. The stress from this disaster has been hard on her physical and emotionaly. I meet Rita as she was trying to wash the ash off her car that had been left at her home. She didn't understand the auto car wash function and was shaken by the process. I drove the car along with her through the wash as she told me her story and that of others who lost there homes. She called me her angle from heaven and couldn't believe that someone would help her. We talked about why I was there and the work that was being done. Asked her if she would like for us to pray with her and she was over come by the love and care she was given. Terry, Mike and I gave her a drink and we prayed. Wished her God's blessings and she went on her way to buy some groceries. Rita is one of the lucky who returned to a home. Rita like many will be forever changed. This tragedy will find many grieving there losses. The stress will affect the health of some. Continue to pray for the firefighters, the victims, recovery workers and those that minister to them. I'll never forget my friend Rita.

No comments: