Friday, September 9, 2011

Texas Fires Update


I have arrived in Smithville, TX. We have the mobile headquarters setup at the
Rec. Center in Smithville, 106 Royston. I have been in meetings the past 5 hrs
getting updated on what the needs are. We can use volunteers starting tomorrow
and lasting for several weeks. If you or a group would like to come just send me
email with the dates and how many will be coming. We also will be cooking meals
for Fire Fighters, Emergency Personal, Police, People affected by fires and volunteers (breakfast, lunch and dinner) so we are going to be busy.

Here are the three things we need Prayers, Volunteers and Funds to keep this work
going.


Don’s Devotional
Personal evangelism can be more than just door knocking, more than teaching a bible lesson, more than visitation. For me personal evangelism is caring and sharing the gospel at every opportunity. It has been said, "people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care, and they don't know how much you care until they know how much you share." It is written, "Whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you he shall in no wise lose his reward". God can do great things with just a small drink of water and God can do great things with my little.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, ..." Matt. 25:35

Thanks in advance for all your help

No comments: