Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Recap---Photo below is from the St Louis area


Today has been a crazy one. We prepared 610 meals and delivered them. The Helen St CoC had their monthly food
hand out and I have been on the phone with Churches in the St Louis area that were hit by the tornadoes last night.

Below is the recap of our work this week here in Fayetteville, NC.

Before I get to the recap I need you to know that to continue this Mission of Assistance and Evangelism we need your
help. We Urgently Urgently need funds to keep the doors of this Mission work open.

You can donate online at: www.disasterassistancecoc.com or make check payable and mail to:

Disaster Assistance
402 Center Way St
Lake Jackson, TX 77566

Weekly Recap:

Sunday I left home with the mobile headquarters and headed to NC.

Monday I arrived and surveyed the area with Preacher from Helen St CoC

Don Hudson arrived on Wed.

Ron and Sally Keller arrived on Thursday from FL to help.

Don and Ron have approx. 15 Bible studies going on.

We have cooked and taken out to the damaged areas 2128 meals.

Semi load of food and supplies from Disaster Relief Nashville arrived, was
unloaded and supplies taken out.

Today (Saturday) Helen St CoC is having there monthly food handout.

We have been working with multiple churches here in the Fayetteville area.

I have posted many photos on the blog www.disasterassistancecoc.blogspot.com

Monday 4/25- 10 volunteers form the Paducah Ky area will be arriving to help with cleanup
and repairs.They will be sleeping on cots inside the church fellowship hall.

As I am preparing this recap I am waiting on call backs from churches in the St Louis area that.
were hit by the tornadoes last night. If needed we will head that way when things are under control here.

Please pass this information on to everyone on your email and Facebook list , take it to your church and business, you never know who might be willing to help us. Please pray for the thousands of people whose lives have been forever changed and for us as we show the love of the Lord to them by just providing a simple meal.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, ..." Matt. 25:35

No comments: