Monday, July 5, 2010

I had a really good visit with Goodwood Church of Christ this weekend. Goodwood was the first church that we helped as the Disaster Assistance Mission. It was nice to spend Sunday afternoon with one of the Elders, his family and others from church. Wonderful cookout.

Early this morning I left for Bayou La Batre, AL. The church there has a lot going on helping the families that have been affected by the oil spill. The small town relies on the fishing industry for most of their incomes. Thursday and Friday I am going to help with two food handouts and one on Wednesday if they can get enough food in. I am told the need is so great that they have the national guard on hand during these handouts for crowd control.

I will try and get some photos of this mission work to share with you. Information on how you can donate to help us with this mission work is to your right.

No comments: